Poetry and More
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well it's the 5th...

2 posters

Go down

Well it's the 5th... Empty Well it's the 5th...

Post  okcsuzq Admin Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:30 pm

and the site is still here. I will repost things after I'm sure that it's safe. Then maybe I can start generating more interaction...don't know, just hope so....Susan
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

https://poetryandmore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Well it's the 5th... Empty Re: Well it's the 5th...

Post  QR Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Well, it let me sign in, but this will be the third try on a post. My guess is the place is still getting it's memory back. LOL
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 pm

I sure hope it isn't going to be like that, I don't want to have to find another place. But we take what we can and do with it what we can...lol It would be nice to have someone post ever so often and let me know if it is still doing that or if it is finally working right. Since it doesn't do it to me, I don't know if it is a flaw in the site or maybe something that I have or have not done.

I really liked this place because there wasn't a lot of adverts on the places that people wrote. I sure would hate to have to find another.
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh...btw, I really like this fairy. I like all of them, but for some reason this one stands out for me. Maybe it's that she seems linked to Autumn.
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Thank you! She was my Autumn creation. I tried to have one representation for each season and/or mood. The problem is, I forget where they are. I work between two computers and everything goes on Cd's back and forth between them. It gets confusing sometimes. I used to save the CD's, but that was even worse, so now when they get full, I just shred them. (that's when I discover there was something on it that I really needed, lol) No problems posting today.
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:22 pm

...and it's not the 5th anymore..... Laughing
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Yeah, I know how that goes. I have so many CDs stored that I don't even think about them much anymore. It's like 'where do you start?' I've been backing up my desktop and documents with flash drives...when I remember it's about time to do it again...lol When I think about how much it is that needs to be gotten rid of (can't save over them) it makes me feel like 'Oh, what's the use?' so I just forget about them until the next time, while I keep telling myself that I'll feel more like dealing with it later...hahaha The procrastinaters creed, don't cha know...LOL

This is the first I have even been able to check my mail today. It's a long one (day that is). Tony decided to replace the back door, and my son (oldest) was supposed to come over early. He must have forgotten so Tony started doing it himself. Thought he got it, but it wasn't level; kept trying but couldn't do it, so I called Mike and told him to come over. They spent quite a while messing with it (I'm sure they would use different terminology) then finally got it where it was acceptable. I asked what they had to do to get it right, and they both looked at me like I was stupid, then said 'we started over!' I couldn't help but laugh at them. Anyway, they stopped so we could all go eat and decided that the storm door would be done at a later date. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, and once the Spring rain starts, nothing gets done cause it will rain the days that we could do it...lol So when that storm door gets hung only God knows.

Why is it that when you start a project of improvement on your home, you always have to go back and get stuff that you should have known you would need in the first place? We will still need to get more chalking (or foam insolation) and then he'll have to get new trim both inside and out. After that it will all have to be painted (our house has needed painting for the last couple of years, so it can't be put off this year...at least I don't think it can...lol) So now I also have to get a new ladder that is tall enough for them to use to paint (our neighbor hasn't been around so we could borrow his) I don't think I want that new front door as bad as I did before today...lol

I'm hoping the roof will last at least another year. Ever since we have lived here, when the rain comes in what I phrase as 'strong straight-line winds' (seriously it is horizontal) there is a leak. We have one room that the ceiling has water marks but it is only when those winds happen...it could pour for days and it not do that, but as soon as those weird winds hit, more water spots in that room. We have looked every where and simply can't find the leak. I hope the next roof doesn't do that.

Yeah, you're right...it's not the fifth anymore...lol I just hope that when I get the chance to start loading the writing again, I have enough time to really get a lot done at once. Right now it's just you and me here. I hope that I can start spending some time here and try to improve on it.
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Mon May 17, 2010 9:22 am

Well, it's the 15.......LMAO!!!! This place is harder to get into than Fort Knox!
I know exactly how a remodel or even a basic fix up can (and does) become more complicated than originally thought.
We have done two bathrooms, the kitchen and ripped out all of the carpet in the house. Not one project went smoothly. What with us being pretty far from the home improvement store, it becomes a major thing to have to run and get something. We are now getting ready to do the floor in the living room. 20x25 feet of flooring, plus a new x-large area rug. It's going to be expensive, even though we're going to do it ourselves. I don't want to live with that room torn up for months, so there are lists, and lists, and lists. LOL I have no idea when we'll actually get to it. The prep seems to have us frozen in place. I guess one day when it starts to get too hot to work around outside, we'll jump in and have at it.
I was searching for x-large rugs and found a perfect one online. It was 16x16 and a reasonable $2,400. (beautiful wool, traditional oriental) Then I realized that I was dreaming. The price was actually $24,000! Oh well.
It's been raining/storming here but nothing severe. We need the wet stuff.
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Tue May 18, 2010 5:40 pm

LOL...I'm sorry...do you login after you get here? I wish I knew what it was.

I guess 3 months is long enough to wait to repost the writtings; what do you think? lol

Lord, you sound so busy! And the expense, double wow. Since we live in town the Lowes is only 2-3 miles from our house. I stopped going to Home Depot...bad experences. Ever since they started sponsoring the show 'Trading Spaces' (?) their prices turned outrageous. Lowes isn't all that much better, but if you have to chose between two evils I think you should chose the one nearest to you...lol

All the improvements we have gotten done were before Lily was born. Since she came there just hasn't been enough money. When they were doing the ceramic tile through out the house Anthony was also removing the pop corn texture on the ceilings (replacing it with texture you do yourself, which I like better) and painting the rooms. The only place he didn't get was my bedroom and the bath there. It was taking too long for me so I didn't let him. I figured it could wait (it has for 22 years) and by the time he wanted or could do it later, Lily was born. Therefore there wasn't any where for us to sleep while it was being done. Now it's two plus years and it still isn't done. Mostly I'd like to redo the 3/4 bath...it really needs it but so does the main bath. Some times I'd just like to walk away from this place, but it is home so I guess I'm stuck...lol

Oh my Lord, $24,000?! I would have balked at $2,400. Penny pincher that I am...lol
We've had quite a few bad storms go by lately. The last was Sunday...There have been many deaths and a lot of damage in some places. It was all around us but some how missed us...I hate spring because of the storms. I've wanted a storm shelter forever...just can't seem to get the money up. Money, money, money...isn't it supposed to be the root of all evil? I think someone must have forgotten tornadoes! *sigh*

One good thing about this place (I can see more than one, but that's just me) you can check the 'Notify option' just below the reply window and know when someone has posted to it cause they notify you in your email...makes it easier to keep up once you get things going (if that ever happens...lol).

btw...my prep time starts with thinking about it, then think again, then forget I thought about it in the first place! LOL Getting old is a bitch. Wink
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Fri May 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Running out of time or money (or both) is normal for most people. It's only the ones on TV that get things done (in record time and usually free) I don't think I'd want that kind of work done on my house.
Me too...about starting with the thinking. I spent the past year doing that with the floor. It's such a big project. Anyway, even though I thought 2,400 was reasonable for a very large wool rug, I wouldn't buy it. I want nylon. This is a farm. There is dirt. I need easy clean up (and I do it frequrntly). We leave our shoes in the mud room, but the dog can't seem to grasp the idea. ROFLMAO!!! The cats leave hair fluffs everywhere, and the occasional hair ball upchuck. Nylon is the way to go, but it's hard to find large carpets. They usually stop at the 8x10 size. Something will work out. LOL
You have a bath in the bedroom?(you know what I mean) This house was built in 1967...before the concept of master bed/bath was though of. But we do have three bathrooms (two up and 1 in the basement) so I'm a happy camper.

We got a lot of needed rain, and lucked out on the severe part. I spend most of the time with stomach cramps when storms are moving in. Tornadoes scare the hell out of me.
You know, I actually like this place better than Face Book. Considering you are pretty much the only person that talks to me, I may just delete my account there.
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm

...Speaking of roofs. We sunk $5,000 into a new one two years ago. We had to go down to bare roof and have repairs done. Yikes. Shocked
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Fri May 21, 2010 10:12 pm

I really liked that show (trading places) until it got all dazzled up. When you have many people doing a job, if they work well together, jobs can really go faster. I know that it took over 5 days to lay the ceramic tile through out our house. Most of the time was waiting for the grout to dry. One of my son-in-laws is a tile layer, Anthony took off work to help, Brendon (oldest grandson) had helped SIL before so he was there, and Tony took off work. Me and Stephanie were more or less in the way most of the time. The two boys were the only kids at that time and not so hard to manage.
Not having use of rooms that you use everyday was not fun at all.

We had to buy a rug for the living room. It was so nice and I loved it. It cost $350 on sale...but we have four kids and they don't know how to do anything but but make messes. I really wouldn't have bought the furniture and rugs at that time if I had known there were going to be any more kids, anytime soon. We have always had very old, used furniture and this was the stuff we wanted to last through our 'golden age'. I dearly loved the dinette set that we got. It is cherry wood (softer than I thought) and the first chairs I had sat in and felt comfortable. Everything now has chips, indentions, both lamps have been broken (one the cat which I didn't want did; the other twice by the kids) and I can't even find the Murphy's Oil that I used to help keep the shine on the table. The only Murphy's product I can find is the blasted floor cleaner which is soap. I really love these kids so much but I can't help feeling resentful about the furniture. When they get older I'm going to make Tony help me to repair the things that can be. But it's hard to repair living room chairs that have had scissors used on it; not to mention the magic marker's markings.

I have often wondered how it will be once they do leave. I know that it will be lonely at times but I will probably adjust after a while. At the least, I should be able to sleep when I want and not hear screaming, slamming doors, or knocking on walls.

The one thing I won't give up to every one else is the master bed/bath. It isn't large but it is private...lol It is only a ¾ bath but as I said it is private. Three bath rooms? Wow, I wish we had another. I read, years ago, some where that 4 people and one bath room puts a great deal of stress on the whole family. So I guess having 2 and 8 people isn't so great. lol

That is a lot like what happens to me, cause I'm scared of them too! I like this place but FB has the mindless games...a release from the daily crap...lol We had company tonight, that is what took me so long to reply. Anytime you want to just yak have at it...I enjoy yakking! LOLOLOL
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:13 am

Well, it's the 5th...LMAO!!! Do you know how long I've been waiting for a chance to do this? (yeah, I know, I need to get a life)
It's hot. I hate hot. At least we have wind, and that helps. The A/C came on at 7:30 this morning. I have it set at 76 and it never comes on before just after noon. Bad omen.
elephant <----- totally cute!
My mind is mush today, so I'm leaving. Just wanted to say Hi and see if you had solved my floor problem.
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Haha, a month! ROFLMAO

My a/c sits at 65 most of the time. I try to raise it to 70 during the day, but that only happens during the winter months and a few days if they don't get hotter than 75-80. I can't breathe well unless it is cold. My family understands it and seldom says anything about it. Seems the older they get the more likely they will comment on the house being hot rather than cold...lol It's 95 right now and the wind is blowing pretty good here, too. I'm trying to figure out a way I can get a replacement canopy for the metal gazebo in the back yard. It helps to get outside once in a while even if it is just early evening. I like going out in the early morning but I seldom do that right now cause I don't go to bed early enough at night.

I agree there are some emoticons that are really cute...I'm supposed to be able to add some if I want, but that takes first desire, second time and third talent...I forget stuff too easily lately. lol

You said that the house is old; does it have a slab or wood floors under the carpet? Just curious, cause if it is hard wood floors you might do better just refurbishing them. The stuff that they are selling at Home Depot and Lowes isn't meant to last 3-5 years or redoing (sanding and varnishing) only once. At least that is how it was when we decided to do the floors here. I wanted wood, but after reading about them I decided it would be more practical to get the ceramic tiles. Of course you need to have someone who knows how and has the equipment to do the tiles. They are colder in the winter, so you have to have rugs-everywhere! I learned to keep my house shoes, if not on then, at least close by after they laid the tile. But they don't warp for no good reason...lol

Shoot, I wish I was a problem solver, then I would have a better job!!!ROFLAO You have a basement?! Now that is something I'd truly love to have. A friend here said that he has a shelter but that anytime it rains, it floods. Stagnant water scares me almost as much as tornados...lol Houses that have flooded never are the same again. The mold is toxic and you don't figure it out for quite a while. Even if you pump it out right away, it still can have many problems.

Hey, where did you decide to move your stuff to? Have you already started it? Please don't forget to let me know....as if I won't nag you until you tell me....ROFL Just thought: don't know, but didn't think so, if Shirley ever became a membet here. Got to look into that and delete if she did (her not the site...lol). Brandie is another one that I hope doesn't show up (I don't trust her)...everyone else is ok...It seems that most people want one place that they can go and see everyone...I like the intimacy here. Have felt uncomfortable with most sites since MSN groups. Still I wish this had spell check...lol
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:45 pm

That room was added about ten years (maybe more) after the house was built. It’s over a crawl space and had wall to wall carpet. When we ripped that out, underneath was just sub floor. The rest of the house has hardwood. Have you ever seen what 30 years of dirt from under a carpet looks like???? *shudders* I will never have wall to wall. It gathers dirt, and odors, etc. We put down vinyl tile back then and it still really looks good, but dated. Also, when we took the big fireplace out (put in a wood stove that doesn’t suck out heat) we discovered that we didn’t have enough tile to put there. Thus, new stuff needs to be found. LOL Hardwood is out…too expensive. The laminate ones don’t hold up. Lowes carries a new vinyl 18” under patent pending that has a wide variety of choices, a lifetime warranty even with homeowner installation, and is fairly priced. I think we will end up with that if we can decide on a color. LMAO!!! I originally fell in love with the slate one, but when I put a bunch of them on the floor at Lowes, and stood back, it would look like a huge dark hole. *sigh* Nothing is ever easy, is it? Still no luck with the rug either.
My new blog is here at blogspot. I found it at the top of the page for this place. Google runs it and as far as I know, I can post images with my writings with no limits. Time will tell. I’ll post the addy. You realize, that except for the art, you have probably read most of everything I’ll put there. Oh well. Also, I think I killed the comments thing. It takes the pressure off.
I think it’s going to storm today. Lots of wind, lots and lots of humidity, and my bones are crawling. I get that since the thyroid surgery.
Have to run.

Try this for the blog:
http://thequietcloset.blogspot.com/
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 am

...oh, and just for the record.....You raised your kids, you're helping raise your grandkids. That makes you a champion problem solver. Don't sell yourself short.
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Sorry, that it's taken me a bit to reply. There has been a lot going on; just life, but still a lot.

Yep, it's not pretty under carpet...lol This house had wall to wall. I love the ceramic tiles...we used a rather neutral color and than a dark grey grout...may not be every bodies cup of tea, but I like it. There is so much more that needs done, but you not only need money, you need motivation! Funny, we bought a new dinette, couch, two loungers, a half table (like goes up against the wall) coffee table, end tables and lamps. Nothing has been untouched by the kids. I think I have told you this before. We have always had hand-me-down stuff, this was the first time we had bought new stuff. I thought the kids were just going to be here for a while and only 1-2 kids for a while. Nothing is how it was supposed to be. I would have waited on the furniture if I'd had any idea.

Yep, it can take a long time to decide on type, color and all that. We wouldn't have the ceramic tile if my son-in-law wasn't a layer. Just the tile and grout cost right at $2,000.00...then my son gave him $500.00 to do it. I know it wasn't very much for the work, but it was family and we all helped, a lot! And of course this wood have to be the sil that I have a problem with.

I mentioned refurbishing the floor because if it had wall to wall carpet, then the
oringinal hardwood probably hasn't been redone before. I had a step dad that did it once to a livingroom where we were living. You sand the nasty stuff off, then revarnish. It wasn't as big a room as what you said your living room is, but it really looked good once it was done. Admittedly, it was hard work, but the floor was so beautiful when finished. If there are stains you can even go a shade darker and that should cover it. I think if I had one room that I wanted to be hardwood that is what I'd do (back when I was young like you guys...lol); or at least check into it. The sanding machine can be rented (his was) but of course I don't know from where...I'm just a walking encyclopedia of useless information, don't you know....lololololol

Finally got Tony to put in for some vacation time. Anthony is off from the 2-9 for a week of his vacation, so I thought if we wanted to get anything done, Tony needed to be off,too. He doesn't like to take off during the summer because he is the only irrigation person that knows what they are doing. He has a guy that was hired (and supposedly trained) to help him and eventually learn the job...but he is worthless. I don't like saying that about anyone, but he has the attitude that nothing is worth anything unless he is having fun. I've never known work to be fun but hey, I guess I could be wrong...lol Anyway, I'm hoping to get a bunch of little things done...I sure hope it works out. I will be so unhappy if it doesn't. Guess I'd better go, the kids are getting restless...lol I'll check out the new place soon.
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Oops...Inside I know my own value. I think that is why I've never had a problem about age (until recently and probably because I have enough time to dwell on problems but not enough time to do something to take my mind off it). I was raised not to be prideful...not always a good motivator for confidence.Wink
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Damn, I hate not remembering what I wanted to say...kids! Anyway, I'm sure that you have read a lot of mine too. I like rereading things especially short stories and poems. I do have to admit that you paint a better picture with your words than I do with mine. Thank God we have different styles, huh? Smile
okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  QR Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, we finally decided to go with the new age vinyl tile in the 18x18size. I also found a rug, but it's only 9x12...but really pretty ($925...that may be it's downfall) Anyway, I guess I'll be spending a whole shitload of time on my knees for a while. LMAO!!! I seriously think it's better than working outside. There is a place in Wichita called Jabaras Carpet Outlet. They have a huge sellection of area rugs in any size you can imagine. I guess we'll have to plan a trip to the city and take a look.

We have six new peachicks! I love animal babies. (not so good with the human kind)
Would you believe absolutely NO ONE (other than you) has noticed my exit from FaceBook?? I think I want to cry....maybe not.
Take care in the heat, and if I don't pop in before...have a safe Fourth. (we celebrate by staying in, lol)
QR
QR

Back to top Go down

Post  okcsuzq Admin Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:05 am

It's good to see you! I figured you were working on your blog. I try to go there at least once a day but the last few days have been hectic. I woke up with my stomach hurting like crazy, not sure if it is nerves or a bug...I sort of feel better tonight, but worry that it's just playing games with me and as soon as I think all is well, it will laugh and start up again...lololol

I'm not sure when I realized that you had left FB, but I think it was when you came here and let me know. I don't think that most people would go to their friends profile but rather waited until the other came to them. I think it is a screwy way to be, but it's that new, hip, everyone's doing it thing so the people are there. Where did the young man that is in school in Texas (I think) go...or do you keep in touch with him through email? Don't let it bug you too much...you are about the only one that ever said anything to me too. Even my own kids are having a hard time finding time to come here and check it out. My youngest daughter got on to me today because I told her I had unfriended one of my granddaughters...I wouldn't have done it except that she was going places that I don't trust and where they get your contacts (friends) info. I called her mom, let her know about it but no one is worried and I just don't like taking that kind of chance with my contacts info...I didn't think that you would appreciate it...lol And a couple of others...so what else could I do, if it bothers her or if she notices she can talk to me any time she wants. She's at that age that drives me nuts (15)...and she hasn't been around me much in quite a while, so she has forgotten my personality and/or character. I think some actions are not respectful to me and I don't respond well to them...

Are you talking about the vinyl tiles that are about 12 in.x12 in and have sticky backs? If so, we put some of those in my moms kitchen more than 34 years ago and they held up until a couple of years ago when she had my son-in-law lay the ceramic tiles...that's saying a lot about the lasting ability they have. That rug is kind of small for the size living room floor you have, isn't it? I hope that you find the perfect one and it meets all the right criteria for you. Just take your time so you can be sure. Actually an area rug only needs to be the size that would help pull a grouping together. So maybe you don't need it to be really big. Just a thought...I don't envy you the time you will be spending on your knees. I'm just too old for that...lololol

I love all babies, both kinds...lol I'm just over powered with the human kind right now...lol We have plans for the 4th...wasn't sure that we would, but it started coming together today. I'll let you know how it goes afterwards. Since Anthony will be off work the 2nd through the 8th and Tony will be off the 1st to the 12th they are supposed to get a bunch of things done that have been put off forever. I hope that it works out that way. They already went and got the paint to paint the picnic table (they had to turn a board over cause it is warping) and turned the plank. Also got the stuff to fix a gate or a sliding door to go at the bottom of the boys bunk beds. I don't like any of the kids playing up there, but it is really dangerous for the two girls (mostly Isabela). She has already climbed up there more than once and she hasn't any fear of going off the side (not realizing she can't just drop like she can from the beds). It scares the crap out of me. She does the same thing on the boys swingset/fort. I don't think that she will be ready for that until next summer. Darn they scare me when they are so small.

Stephanie went to dr Friday. Her back is hurting and she needed to get something for the migraines that she gets. He started her on an anti-depressant and I hope it starts working soon. It's real hard for me to fight depression when someone that I'm around all the time is going through it. I've been doing a lot of that crying thing for a few weeks now. Not sure if it is diabetes, hormones (I don't take any) or the depression. I just don't feel right. I've got to get back to writing or something that will take my mind off things...getting old isn't an easy ride...lolol

Gotta hit the sack...hope you visit again soon. It's nice to talk.

okcsuzq Admin
okcsuzq Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum